|Department / Research Program:||Ecology, Evolution, and Natural Resources|
|Expertise:||Climate change, Ecosystem functions and services, Ecosystem modeling, Biological carbon sequestration, Renewable energy|
- Global Change Ecology
- China and Its Environment
- Ecological and Environmental Modeling
- Global Change Ecology: Investigating the impacts of climate change on ecosystem processes and functions and understanding the physiological/ecological mechanisms for plants and animals to acclimate/adapt to future climate change.
- Big Data and Ecosystem Modeling: Using big-data and data-model fusion techniques to predict the impacts of climate change and human activities on ecosystem functions and dynamics, including biodiversity.
- Ecosystem Services: Using ecosystem models to quantify and predict ecosystem services for sustainable ecosystem management under changing climate and human practices.
- Renewable Energy: Renewable energy policy and its ecological and environmental impacts in China.
- Biological Carbon Sequestration and Utilization: Biological carbon sequestration through reforestation/afforestation projects and carbon-oriented ecosystem management; Biological carbon utilization and storage through lithic and plastic mulching and CO2 fertilization in agriculture.
Publications: I have published more than 130 peer-reviewed journal articles and 3 books in English and Chinese.
Energy Research Areas: Renewable energy, Bioenergy, Policy, China
Energy Research Focus: Renewable energy policy and its ecological and environmental impacts in China.